Apple-Nut Bread Pudding Recipe
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Place bread cubes, apples and pecans in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the eggs, cream, apple juice and butter; mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Nut Bread Pudding
"I made this in the oven as I was in a bind for time: 350* for 35 minutes (until it was bubbling), then I transported it in a crockpot to a family reunion. It was a huge hit and the best bread pudding I have ever had!"
"I miss the nutrient values and calories per serving in this new format."
"I HAVEN'T MADE THIS YET BUT IT SOUNDS WONDERFUL. I LIKE TO READ THE REVIEWS OF OTHER PEOPLE TO SEE WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT A RECIPE."
"would like nutritional information"
"3 to 4 hours was way too long a cook time on low in my crockpot. It was done in 2 1/2 hours. Even though I buttered my pot very well, a few raisins stuck to sides of the pot and began burning. I would make this again, but in the oven, not a crock pot."
"Made it exactly as directed, it was delicious!!"