Apple-Nut Bread Pudding
Traditional bread pudding gives way to autumn's influences in this comforting dessert from Lori Fox of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. She adds apples and pecans to her slow-cooked version, then tops warm servings with ice cream.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place bread cubes, apples and pecans in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the eggs,
- cream, apple juice and butter; mix well. Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in the
- center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.