Apple-Nut Blue Cheese Tartlets Recipe
“These tasty appetizers look and taste gourmet, but they're easy to make and have loads of blue cheese flavor," writes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. "The phyllo shells and filling can be made in advance-just fill the cups and warm them in the oven before serving.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute apple and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the blue cheese, 3 tablespoons walnuts and salt. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each tart shell.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 15 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC