Apple-Nut Blue Cheese Tartlets Recipe
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute apple and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the blue cheese, 3 tablespoons walnuts and salt. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each tart shell.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat pastries on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 15 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Apple-Nut Blue Cheese Tartlets
"Delicious! And very easy to make!"
"I served these for my Dine-Out Group and received nothing but raves and requests for the recipe. Very easy to make and really delicious."