“These tasty appetizers look and taste gourmet, but they're easy to make and have loads of blue cheese flavor," writes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. "The phyllo shells and filling can be made in advance-just fill the cups and warm them in the oven before serving.”
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute apple and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the blue cheese, 3 tablespoons walnuts and salt. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each tart shell.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat pastries on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Originally published as Apple-Nut Blue Cheese Tartlets in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p35
Reviews for Apple-Nut Blue Cheese Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review