Apple Nut Bars Recipe
For big apple taste packed into a yummy dessert, try these Apple Nut Bars. You don't even have to peel apples! —Karen Nelson, Sullivan, Wisconsin
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups chopped tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, sugar and vanilla for 1-1/2 minutes or until frothy. Whisk in flour and baking powder until blended. Fold in apples and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 bar equals 1 starch; also, 73 calories, 50 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 14 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 2 gm fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC