- 36 caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 medium tart apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Halloween sprinkles
- In a microwave, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter. Arrange apple slices on a large platter. Drizzle with caramel; top with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts, chocolate chips and sprinkles. Serve immediately. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Apple Nachos
Sort By :
"Did anyone have a problem with apples turning brown before recipe was completed and dish was served? Thinking about soaking apples in lemon juice..just wondering :-)"
"These were delicious!! The only problem I had was the thinness of the apple slices. They were too thin and fell apart with the all of the toppings on it. The next time I make them, I will do thicker slices. Other than that they were so good and gobbled up!"
"I made this recipe for girls' night and it was a huge hit!!! In addition to using the jarred caramel I also used the jarred marshmallow. Much easier and less messy!I plan on making this recipe for an upcoming Halloween party."
"Delicious my guests couldn't gobble these up fast enough!"
"I am planning on making these for my granddaughter's birthday party. Nice to see the idea of fluff and ice cream topping. I will add peanut butter chips also. It all sounds so yummy!"