- 36 caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 medium tart apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Halloween sprinkles
- In a microwave, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter. Arrange apple slices on a large platter. Drizzle with caramel; top with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts, chocolate chips and sprinkles. Serve immediately. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Apple Nachos
Sort By :
Did anyone have a problem with apples turning brown before recipe was completed and dish was served? Thinking about soaking apples in lemon juice..just wondering :-)
These were delicious!! The only problem I had was the thinness of the apple slices. They were too thin and fell apart with the all of the toppings on it. The next time I make them, I will do thicker slices. Other than that they were so good and gobbled up!
I made this recipe for girls' night and it was a huge hit!!! In addition to using the jarred caramel I also used the jarred marshmallow. Much easier and less messy!
I plan on making this recipe for an upcoming Halloween party.
Delicious my guests couldn't gobble these up fast enough!
I am planning on making these for my granddaughter's birthday party. Nice to see the idea of fluff and ice cream topping. I will add peanut butter chips also. It all sounds so yummy!