This one couldn’t be simpler! Convenient frozen meatballs simplify the prep; they’re glazed with a sweet-and-savory sauce that stars apple jelly and spicy brown mustard. —Pam Corder, Monroe, Louisiana
Recommended: 22 Recipes for Garlic Lovers
- 32 frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place meatballs in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Transfer meatballs to sauce; stir gently to coat. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 32 meatballs.
Originally published as Apple-Mustard Glazed Meatballs in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p40
Reviews for Apple-Mustard Glazed Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2013
"I tried this recipe in the slow cooker and I don't think it turned out right. The sauce was really thin and didn't lend much flavor to the meatballs, just a hint of mustard."