It was always an occasion when my mother made this gorgeous golden ham. The sweet and tangy glaze is so simple to mix up, but it turns an ordinary baked ham in a special feast. -Helen Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 43 Ways to Make Classic Irish Food at Home
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- Spiced apple rings, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly, mustard, lemon juice and nutmeg; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. During the last 30 minutes of baking, brush with glaze twice. Garnish with apple rings if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Mustard Glazed Ham in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p35
Reviews for Apple-Mustard Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review