- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add apples, brown sugar and mustard to same pan; toss to combine. Cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Mustard Chicken Tenders
Sort By :
"Made exactly to recipe. Was really good but really similar in taste to a slow cooker maple-mustard chicken recipe we already serve often. Still, will hold onto this recipe for use in the fall when apples are in season, abundant and inexpensive."
"I made this recipe last night. I gave it a 4-star grade because I thought it was a little sweet for our taste. I used apples I had on hand, which were Delicious variety and this could have added to the sweet taste. I thought it was good otherwise and quick for a Tuesday night simple meal. I will make again and use a more tart Apple and cut back a little on the brown sugar."
"we both loved this! I was in a mood so I added some sliced onion and cayenne to the mix and deglazed the pan with a splash of white wine before adding the apple mix to the pan. the combo of sweet and hot was incredible and the spouse signaled 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. WOW!"
"This was really good. Even my husband Mr. Fuzzy liked it."
"Good stuff, way easy! Not something for company, but definitely a great dinner for the work week. Had it with TOH's Seasoned Couscous. Yum!!!"