- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add apples, brown sugar and mustard to same pan; toss to combine. Cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Mustard Chicken Tenders
"An absolutely delicious dish! I added onions and wow did that really make it complete. So simple yet tasty."
"This was really good and my whole family loved it. I didn't have any Granny Smith so I used red apples instead but that probably works better for my family. The combination of mustard, sugar, and apples was delicious with the chicken. Will definitely make this again."
"I made this recipe last night. I gave it a 4-star grade because I thought it was a little sweet for our taste. I used apples I had on hand, which were Delicious variety and this could have added to the sweet taste. I thought it was good otherwise and quick for a Tuesday night simple meal. I will make again and use a more tart Apple and cut back a little on the brown sugar."
"we both loved this! I was in a mood so I added some sliced onion and cayenne to the mix and deglazed the pan with a splash of white wine before adding the apple mix to the pan. the combo of sweet and hot was incredible and the spouse signaled 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. WOW!"
"This was really good. Even my husband Mr. Fuzzy liked it."
"Good stuff, way easy! Not something for company, but definitely a great dinner for the work week. Had it with TOH's Seasoned Couscous. Yum!!!"
"I used Cortland Apple's since they were in my house; made a big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, cucumber, onion, with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and it was a delicious meal!"
"Subbed stone-ground mustard with dijon and added a bag of baby spinach, the sweet and tangy flavors of this dish were a HUGE hit. Not to mention it was a breeze to make!"
"This recipe was very easy and tasty. We really enjoyed the sweet flavor of the apples with the chicken. Great recipe for a work day."