Apple-Mustard Chicken Tenders
My husband says this dish is sweet and a little bit sassy, just like me. I like to use Granny Smith apples for a bit of tartness. Winesaps are great for this dish, too. —Linda Cifuentes, Mahomet, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat
- butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side
- or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add apples, brown sugar and mustard to same pan; toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until apples are
- tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.