- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add apples, brown sugar and mustard to same pan; toss to combine. Cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Mustard Chicken Tenders
Sort By :
"I made this recipe last night. I gave it a 4-star grade because I thought it was a little sweet for our taste. I used apples I had on hand, which were Delicious variety and this could have added to the sweet taste. I thought it was good otherwise and quick for a Tuesday night simple meal. I will make again and use a more tart Apple and cut back a little on the brown sugar."
"we both loved this! I was in a mood so I added some sliced onion and cayenne to the mix and deglazed the pan with a splash of white wine before adding the apple mix to the pan. the combo of sweet and hot was incredible and the spouse signaled 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. WOW!"
"This was really good. Even my husband Mr. Fuzzy liked it."
"Good stuff, way easy! Not something for company, but definitely a great dinner for the work week. Had it with TOH's Seasoned Couscous. Yum!!!"
"I used Cortland Apple's since they were in my house; made a big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, cucumber, onion, with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and it was a delicious meal!"