- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add apples, brown sugar and mustard to same pan; toss to combine. Cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Mustard Chicken Tenders
"An absolutely delicious dish! I added onions and wow did that really make it complete. So simple yet tasty."
"This was really good and my whole family loved it. I didn't have any Granny Smith so I used red apples instead but that probably works better for my family. The combination of mustard, sugar, and apples was delicious with the chicken. Will definitely make this again."
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/nonveg/subcats""
"Made exactly to recipe. Was really good but really similar in taste to a slow cooker maple-mustard chicken recipe we already serve often. Still, will hold onto this recipe for use in the fall when apples are in season, abundant and inexpensive."
"I made this recipe last night. I gave it a 4-star grade because I thought it was a little sweet for our taste. I used apples I had on hand, which were Delicious variety and this could have added to the sweet taste. I thought it was good otherwise and quick for a Tuesday night simple meal. I will make again and use a more tart Apple and cut back a little on the brown sugar."