Apple Mint Spinach Salad Recipe
It's a toss-up which ingredient tickles the taste buds most in this attractive salad. The mix of refreshing mint, lemon, fruit and greens blends perfectly.—Louise Barnum, Edwardsburg, Michigan
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, green onion, sugar, mint, salt and pepper; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, apples and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 6 servings
1 cup: 169 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apple Mint Spinach Salad
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2015
"5 stars! Use olive oil."
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2012
"A M A Z I N G!!!!I made substitutions but not too much to change the tastes. Soooo good.Subs: Olive oil for vegetable oil, Stevia for sugar, Pear for apple, added Kale and Green leaf lettuce to the spinach. I can't wait to have it again. thanks for sharing."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC