It's a toss-up which ingredient tickles the taste buds most in this attractive salad. The mix of refreshing mint, lemon, fruit and greens blends perfectly.—Louise Barnum, Edwardsburg, Michigan
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, green onion, sugar, mint, salt and pepper; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, apples and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 6 servings
Originally published as Apple Spinach Salad in Country Woman September/October 2001 , p39
Reviews for Apple Mint Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2015
"5 stars! Use olive oil."
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2012
"A M A Z I N G!!!!I made substitutions but not too much to change the tastes. Soooo good.Subs: Olive oil for vegetable oil, Stevia for sugar, Pear for apple, added Kale and Green leaf lettuce to the spinach. I can't wait to have it again. thanks for sharing."