Apple Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 bottles (18 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown the meatballs; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over meatballs.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 72 meatballs.
Use pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks for serving appetizer meatballs. They taste great and reduce waste and mess.
7 each: 304 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Apple Meatballs
"Served these meatballs at a holiday party and they were a big hit. I cheated and used premade gluten free meatballs. They were so good"