Since first taking these meatballs to various social events a few years ago, I've shared the recipe many times. Sweet apple jelly provides a nice contrast to the tangy barbecue sauce. - Kay Townsend, Obion, Tennessee.
10 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 bottles (18 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown the meatballs; drain. Transfer to a greased
- 3-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the sauce
- ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer
- pink. Yield: 72 meatballs.
Use pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks for serving appetizer meatballs. They taste great and reduce waste and mess.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (7 each) equals 304 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium,