Since first taking these meatballs to various social events a few years ago, I've shared the recipe many times. Sweet apple jelly provides a nice contrast to the tangy barbecue sauce. - Kay Townsend, Obion, Tennessee.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 bottles (18 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown the meatballs; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 72 meatballs.
Originally published as Apple Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p34
Reviews forApple Meatballs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
"Served these meatballs at a holiday party and they were a big hit. I cheated and used premade gluten free meatballs. They were so good"