- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 bottles (18 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown the meatballs; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 72 meatballs.
Originally published as Apple Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Apple Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
Served these meatballs at a holiday party and they were a big hit. I cheated and used premade gluten free meatballs. They were so good
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >