- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground allspice
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the apple, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and allspice. Stir in onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 6-in. x 5-in. loaf.
- Place in an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 3 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apple Meat Loaf
Sort By :
This recipe just didn't do it for husband an myself. We thought it was way too bland and wouldn't make it again.
Delicious & moist, a nice change from standard meatloaf. Will make again!
I am not usually a fan of meat loaf, but this recipe is excellent. I have made it several times and it is always moist and delicious.
Forgot to mention ~~ also the fact that it has only 12g carbs appeals to my ADA dietary restrictions.
This meat loaf sounds very delicious. My husband is not keen on meat loaf (it was a growin' up thing). The size of this meatloaf is very appealing since we're empty nesters.