- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground allspice
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the apple, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and allspice. Stir in onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 6-in. x 5-in. loaf.
- Place in an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple Meat Loaf
"I used ground turkey instead of beef. The meatloaf turned out light and very moist; however, next time I would add some herbs or spices to make it a bit more flavorful."
"This recipe just didn't do it for husband an myself. We thought it was way too bland and wouldn't make it again."
"Delicious & moist, a nice change from standard meatloaf. Will make again!"
"I am not usually a fan of meat loaf, but this recipe is excellent. I have made it several times and it is always moist and delicious."
"Forgot to mention ~~ also the fact that it has only 12g carbs appeals to my ADA dietary restrictions."