Apple Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground allspice
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the apple, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and allspice. Stir in onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 6-in. x 5-in. loaf.
- Place in an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 3 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple Meat Loaf(5)
Sort By :
Forgot to mention ~~ also the fact that it has only 12g carbs appeals to my ADA dietary restrictions.
This meat loaf sounds very delicious. My husband is not keen on meat loaf (it was a growin' up thing). The size of this meatloaf is very appealing since we're empty nesters.
My husband and I were very pleased with this recipe. Will make again.
This turned out to be soooo good! I love it! My husband wants my piece too. haha
Can applesauce be substatuted for the gaated apple?
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >