- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Place the potatoes, apples and salt in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and apples. Add the butter, vinegar and sugar; mash until smooth. Top with bacon, onion and nutmeg. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Mashed Potatoes
"super delicious ! I made it for Thankgiving and everybody loved it. Thank you for sharing."
"super delicious ! I made it for Thankgiving and everybody loved it. Thank you for sharing"
"Made this tonight with pork. I followed the recipe exactly except I sauted the onion in some bacon grease, added the vinegar, butter, sugar and crumbled bacon and then added all to the potatoe/apples and mashed it all together. My husband and daughter loved this recipe. And it was so easy! And oh, so good!"
"I used to mix my mashed potatoes with apple sauce growing up and this is the adult version!! Awesome recipe and it has bacon, too! YUMMY!!"
"Sometimes I leave out the bacon due to some guests being vegetarian. Very tasty and goes with other meats"
"This was a good recipe, tastes great. If you are worried about ingredients not being healthy, moderation is the key. Thank you for sharing your great recipe Rebecca."
"Salt, butter, sugar,bacon, potatoes and apples you have a complete meal in one dish. This qualifies as a casserole."
"I make this very often - apples, mashed potatoes and pork are a winner combination... Twinkle"