Apple-Marinated Chicken & Vegetables Recipe
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 large carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Place 1 cup marinade and chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Cut carrots, zucchini and squash lengthwise into quarters; cut crosswise into 2-in. pieces. Toss with 1/2 cup reserved marinade.
- 3. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with remaining marinade during the last 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- 4. Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetables equals 367 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.