I actually invented this at a campground, so you know it's easy. Using the same marinade for the chicken and veggies keeps it simple so we can spend more time outside and less making dinner. —Jayme Schertz, Clintonville, Wisconsin
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 large carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Place 1 cup marinade and chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Cut carrots, zucchini and squash lengthwise into quarters; cut crosswise into 2-in. pieces. Toss with 1/2 cup reserved marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with remaining marinade during the last 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Serve chicken with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Marinated Chicken & Vegetables in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014, pjls
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple-Marinated Chicken & Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2014
"This was so good!!! Loved the sweetness of the marinade!! The whole family loved it!"