- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 large carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Place 1 cup marinade and chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Cut carrots, zucchini and squash lengthwise into quarters; cut crosswise into 2-in. pieces. Toss with 1/2 cup reserved marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with remaining marinade during the last 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple-Marinated Chicken & Vegetables
Sort By :
"Pretty good. Although I did think that the flavor of the marinade was far better with the chicken and carrot than it was with the squash."
"Oh me oh my! This was a great find! I made the chicken and veggies this weekend for a birthday BBQ and it turned out great! The chicken was very juicy. I didn't have a grill wok, so I tossed the veggies in the marinade then made a foil steam pack and steamed them on the grill. My husband talked about the chicken for 2 days afterword, and our 1 year old loved it! This will definitely be a go-to from here on out. Maybe make kebobs next time.... The only thing I'd change is to make MORE marinade! :) It didn't seem like enough to really flavor the chicken/vegetables."
"Making this today but don't have summer squash and will add onions and cherry tomatoes. Nummy."
"Pretty good! This was easy to make, and tastes good. There's a hint of sweetness to it that everyone liked. I'll make this again."
"This was so good!!! Loved the sweetness of the marinade!! The whole family loved it!"