- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- In a large salad bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients until blended. Add apples; toss to coat. Place lettuce over apple mixture (do not toss). Refrigerate; toss just before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Apple Lettuce Salad
"Very different and tasty. Easy make ahead. Not a mouthful was left. I always have chopped nuts and feta cheese on the side for a variation. Excellent salad."
"very citrisy, crunchy. good for a change up to gatherings"
"This is a great recipe. After tossing the lettuce and apples, I add goat, blue or feta cheese crumbles to the top of the salad, along with some cranraisins and chopped pecans. Looks beautiful!"