Apple Lemon Puff Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 6 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add apple rings; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar. Cook until tender, turning once. In a bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon peel and vanilla for 1 minute. In another bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold in flour and remaining sugar. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Place apple rings in a greased 2-cup baking dish. Spread egg mixture on top. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and set. Invert onto a serving plate. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 292 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Apple Lemon Puff
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.