Apple Lemon Puff
For a special morning treat or even dessert, try light refreshing Apple Lemon Puff. Field editor Doris Heath of Bryson City, North Carolina shares the delightful recipe.
1 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 6 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add apple rings; sprinkle
- with 2 teaspoons of sugar. Cook until tender, turning once. In a
- bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon peel and vanilla for 1 minute. In
- another bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold in flour
- and remaining sugar. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Place apple rings
- in a greased 2-cup baking dish. Spread egg mixture on top. Bake at
- 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and set. Invert
- onto a serving plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.