Apple-Leek Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium tart green apple, sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain and wild rice mix
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil for 3-4 minutes. Turn chops; add apple and leek. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the apple juice, orange peel, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop and 1 cup sauce with 1 cup rice) equals 508 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,282 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer