Apple Lasagna Recipe
"Whenever friends come over for dinner, they always request this delicious dessert," Pat Overlock notes from Concord, New Hampshire. Layers of lasagna noodles, a sweet and creamy cheese sauce and apple pie filling make this an ooey-gooey treat that's guaranteed to bring smiles when it's served at the end of any meal.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- SOUR CREAM SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheeses, sugar and extract; set aside. Spread one can of pie filling into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three lasagna noodles and cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and pie filling.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with lasagna. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 280 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Apple Lasagna
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC