"Whenever friends come over for dinner, they always request this delicious dessert," Pat Overlock notes from Concord, New Hampshire. Layers of lasagna noodles, a sweet and creamy cheese sauce and apple pie filling make this an ooey-gooey treat that's guaranteed to bring smiles when it's served at the end of any meal.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- SOUR CREAM SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheeses, sugar and extract; set aside. Spread one can of pie filling into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three lasagna noodles and cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and pie filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with lasagna. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Apple Lasagna in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p66
Reviews for Apple Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review