Apple Kolaches Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide dough into two portions; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine apples and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough into a 15x9-in. rectangle; cut into 3-in. squares. Place a teaspoonful of apple mixture in center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of dough over filling; pinch tightly to seal.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and apple mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm kolaches. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Kolaches
Sort By :
I have made other recipes for kolaches but this dough is my favorite. I filled my dough with various fruit and pecan fillings from Solo...very good. Also I flash froze them and then packaged them in a freezer proof container with wax paper separating the layers so that the fruit filling did not stick to each other. No problem making these ahead of time and freezing them.
This is AWESOME. Made it as a "trial" tonight for Thanksgiving, and it will be on the menu for sure! One question I have is: How far in advance can I make it? Can I make it Sunday night and freeze it til Thur? Thanks for any feedback, and thanks for the recipe!!
22 Oct 2012: Made this recipe last night. Took my first bite, and I thought I was eating a little piece of Heaven...absolutely delicious. I used "Honeycrisp" apples. You must make this as soon as possible!
These were the bomb! I wish I had made more. So delicious, and soft and gooey on the inside. My mouth is watering just thinking about it again!
Oh WOW, are these good. I put powder sugar on then instead of the frosting. I also used so strawberry jam for half, because my daughter loves strawberries.