Apple Kielbasa Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cranberry juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage, apples and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over indirect heat for 8 minutes or until heated through, turning and brushing with glaze occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 136 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Apple Kielbasa Kabobs
"These were good. I think my husband did not cook them on the grill long enough because the apple was not tender. I am looking forward to trying again."
"Great flavor and very quick and easy! I would even consider adding some onion to the skewer! I will definaltely make these again! For those of you on Weight Watchers...only 3 points each! YUM!"