Apple Kielbasa Coins
Apple juice, jelly and syrup add sweetness to sliced sausage in this stovetop sensation. "My grown children look forward to this breakfast dish on special occasions," writes JoAnn Lee of Kerhonkson, New York.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large skillet, bring sausage and apple juice to a boil. Cover
- and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain.
- Add jelly and syrup; cook and stir until jelly is melted and sausage
- is coated. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 4-ounce serving (prepared with smoked turkey sausage) equals 224 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fruit.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer