- a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and
- pepper. Add the apples, lemon juice and raisin mixture; toss to
- coat. Transfer to pastry.
- Combine flour and sugar in a food processor. Add butter; cover and
- pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add cheese and almonds; pulse just
- until combined. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender and
- topping is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 30
- minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Serve warm with ice
- cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor’s Note: You may substitute 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese for the aged Jack cheese.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without ice cream) equals 456 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.