- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup grated aged jack cheese
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and brandy; cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper. Add the apples, lemon juice and raisin mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to pastry.
- Combine flour and sugar in a food processor. Add butter; cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add cheese and almonds; pulse just until combined. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Jack Crumb Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p27
Reviews for Apple Jack Crumb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2014