I CREATED this recipe when my children were small and fussed about eating fruits and vegetables. The slightly sweet dressing makes it a hit. This salad was part of our Friday meal when I served fried fish and boiled potatoes. My grown children call this "Mom's Salad". -M.J. Zimmerman, Altoona, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 large red apples, diced
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and milk; mix well. add apples. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, toss with lettuce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Apple Iceberg Salad in Reminisce July/August 1999, p45
Reviews for Apple Iceberg Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review