- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (cut in eighths)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- Cream, ice cream or whipped cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and simmer just until apples are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer apples to a bowl. Add water and tapioca to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Pour over apples. Serve warm with cream or ice cream, or cold with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Honey Tapioca Pudding in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p71
Reviews for Apple Honey Tapioca Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review