Apple-Honey Dutch Baby Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, eggs and milk until smooth. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Heat at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until melted; tilt pan to coat bottom and sides. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute apples in butter until lightly browned. Stir in the honey, lemon juice and cardamom. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 452 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Honey Dutch Baby
"This was good. I should have used my blender to mix the batter and poured it into the pan immediately. I made it as the recipe indicates and it sat around awhile. Turned out spongy."
"Next time I would put in less cardamom... the flavor was a bit overpowering for my taste. Yummy recipe though!"
"Everyone was impressed by the dish Christmas morning-as they had never heard of a Dutch Baby before. I was impressed with how easy it was to make- especially with the amount of cooking I was doing for both Christmas breakfast and dinner."
"We love this recipe! It's pretty quick and easy for something so yummy."
"My kids love this recipe! For my college boys it is a must when they come home!"