- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients until smooth. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; heat in oven until melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Tilt pan to coat evenly. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake until puffed and edges are lightly browned, 16-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute apples until lightly browned. Stir in honey, lemon juice and cardamom. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Spoon into pancake; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Honey Dutch Baby
"This was good. I should have used my blender to mix the batter and poured it into the pan immediately. I made it as the recipe indicates and it sat around awhile. Turned out spongy."
"Next time I would put in less cardamom... the flavor was a bit overpowering for my taste. Yummy recipe though!"
"We love this recipe! It's pretty quick and easy for something so yummy."
"My kids love this recipe! For my college boys it is a must when they come home!"