Kathy Fleming from Lisle, Illinois says, "I love to make this treat on Sunday morning. It's so impressive when it's served warm right out of the oven...and the honey and apple filling is yummy!"
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, eggs and milk until smooth. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Heat at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until melted; tilt pan to coat bottom and sides. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute apples in butter until lightly browned. Stir in the honey, lemon juice and cardamom. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Honey Dutch Baby in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p18
Reviews for Apple-Honey Dutch Baby
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review