Apple-Herb Club Sandwich
Sliced apples and a dill spread give this club-style sandwich, prepared by our Test Kitchen, lots of flavor. Filled with turkey, ham and cheese, it's sized just right for a hungry twosome.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 thin slices deli turkey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 4 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, grind the tarragon,
- thyme and dill until mixture becomes a fine powder. Transfer to a
- small bowl; add the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spread on two slices
- of bread. Layer each with turkey, apple, cheese, ham and lettuce.
- Spread mustard on remaining bread; place over lettuce. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise, reduced-fat cheese and 2 ounces each shaved turkey breast and lean ham) equals 439 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,871 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein.