Apple Harvest Squares Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and 1/3 cup sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Arrange the apple slices on top of crumbs; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine 1/3 cup sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining sugar with the rest of the ingredients. Spoon over baked apples; bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares while still warm. Yield: about 20 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Harvest Squares
"turned out really delicious, added 1 cup more apples, and sprinkled with a little nutmeg, to give it that little something, for the topping I added 1/3c. nuts, what I really liked, the slices stayed nice and firm even the next day, will definitely make it again. thanks for a great recipe!"
"I have used this recipe for about 17 years. I got it from an elderly friend who was a wonderful cook and had a fantastic collection of family recipes. She shared many of them with me and this one has become a family favorite."