- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar, oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in apples.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Apple Harvest Cake in Country August/September 2007, p45
Reviews for Apple Harvest Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2016
"I've been making this cake for 3 years now and it has become a family favorite. I do find splitting the batter in half a challenge, but the cinnamon in the middle is totally worth it."
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2011
"My family and I loved this cake!"