Apple Ham Salad
With precooked ham, copped apples and celery, this refreshing salad is crisp and hearty.—Ruth Stekert, Manheim, Pennsylvania
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a bowl, blend the first five ingredients. Stir in ham, apple and
- celery. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce
- if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 253 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.