Apple Ham Puffs Recipe
"The recipe for these individual apple-topped puffs is on a well-worn index card," writes Suzanne Sebaste of Lake Wylie, South Carolina. "It's a must for a special brunch."
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Beat in the eggs until smooth. Divide ham among six greased 10-oz. custard cups. Top with egg mixture.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the apples in butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; cook until sugar is dissolved. Spoon into the center of each puff. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 479 calories, 33 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 383 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Ham Puffs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC