Apple Ham Puffs
"The recipe for these individual apple-topped puffs is on a well-worn index card," writes Suzanne Sebaste of Lake Wylie, South Carolina. "It's a must for a special brunch."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Beat in the eggs until
- smooth. Divide ham among six greased 10-oz. custard cups. Top with
- egg mixture.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the
- apples in butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; cook until sugar
- is dissolved. Spoon into the center of each puff. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 479 calories, 33 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 383 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.