- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Beat in the eggs until smooth. Divide ham among six greased 10-oz. custard cups. Top with egg mixture.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the apples in butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; cook until sugar is dissolved. Spoon into the center of each puff. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Ham Puffs
Sort By :
"I made these this morning. I added sage to the egg and ham mixture. My husband really enjoyed the saltiness of the ham and sweetness of the apples."
"This is quick, easy, and tasty. And yes they forgot to tell you to mix in the cream with the egg mixture before baking"
"What about the whipping cream?"
"I am assuming the whipping cream is to be combined with the eggs. Is this correct or am I missing something here???"
""The recipe for these individual apple-topped puffs is on a well-worn index card," writes Suzanne Sebaste of Lake Wylie, South Carolina. "It's a must for a special brunch."View this recipe now"