Apple Ham Hotcakes Recipe
Hearty ham, sweet applesauce and a hint of caraway flavor these light buttermilk pancakes from Kelly Thornberry of La Porte, Indiana. "They're so delicious, I often serve them hot off the griddle without syrup," she explains.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chunky applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- Warm maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients and caraway seeds if desired. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, applesauce, and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in ham.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 15 pancakes.
3 each: 239 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 983mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Apple Ham Hotcakes
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2010
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC