- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed, optional
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chunky applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- Warm maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients and caraway seeds if desired. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, applesauce, and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in ham.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 15 pancakes.
Originally published as Apple Ham Hotcakes in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p34
Reviews for Apple Ham Hotcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2010