Apple-Ham Confetti Loaf Recipe
One day I had some ground ham and pork in the refrigerator and was thinking about how to use them together in a recipe. I looked outside at my loaded apple tree and decided to combine the three ingredients into one dish. This is what I came up with. My husband thought it was good, so I sent in the recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 pounds ground ham
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- Orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- In a bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce and pepper; stir in cornflakes, peppers, apples and onion. Add ham and pork; mix well. Divide between two ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Spoon marmalade or preserves over loaves. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Ham Confetti Loaf in Country Extra September 1998, p51
Reviews for Apple-Ham Confetti Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review