Apple Halibut Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add halibut. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 2. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add the onion, apple and red pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate fish and apple mixture for 4-6 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3. Drain fish, discarding marinade. Drain fruit and vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the fish, onion, apple and red pepper.
- 4. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and fruit and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 241 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Apple Halibut Kabobs
"I didn't have kabob sticks so I did this as a stir fry instead it was amazing! Only suggestion if you try a stir fry is to do the fish separately as it tends to break apart if you mix everything together."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.