Apple-Green Bean Saute
Green beans get a sweet treatment from a bite of apple and a taste of honey. Even kids who don’t want to eat their vegetables will give in. —Kimberly Ronio, Audubon, Pennsylvania
5 ServingsPrep/ Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute beans and apple in oil for 3 minutes. Add
- walnuts; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in
- honey and sesame seeds; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 247 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.