Apple Grape Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups cubed apples
- 2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in water until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, grapes, celery and walnuts. Add the dressing and toss gently. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 277 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Grape Salad
"I thought this was nasty. It tasted too floury. Everone said do not make this again. I followed recipe to a T."