Apple Grape Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups cubed apples
- 2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in water until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, grapes, celery and walnuts. Add the dressing and toss gently. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 277 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Apple Grape Salad
"I thought this was nasty. It tasted too floury. Everone said do not make this again. I followed recipe to a T."