Apple Grape Salad Recipe
I've made this recipe for special dinners all through my 46 married years, and it's always been a hit. My sister worked for a farm wife during the late '30s and early '40s, and she got this recipe from her. It's especially delicious when the apples are freshly picked, and it adds wonderful color to any table! —Kathryn Booher, Laguna Hills, California
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups cubed apples
- 2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup walnut halves
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in water until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, grapes, celery and walnuts. Add the dressing and toss gently. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Autumn Fruit Salad in Reminisce September/October 1992, p49
Reviews for Apple Grape Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 27, 2008
I thought this was nasty. It tasted too floury. Everone said do not make this again. I followed recipe to a T.