"I would be lost without my slow cooker," confesses Janis Lawrence of Childress, Texas. "Besides using it to prepare our evening meal, I often make desserts in it, including these tender apples that get a tasty treatment from granola cereal."
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups granola cereal with fruit and nuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine apples and cereal. In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over apple mixture and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Granola Dessert in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p35
Reviews for Apple Granola Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review