Apple Graham Pie Recipe
I can whip up this pie in minutes using the microwave, so it's great for drop-in guests. People are always surprised I can serve them a slice so quickly.—Shirley Pochipinski, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter until crumbly; press two-thirds onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Set remaining crumb mixture aside.
- 2. In a bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Arrange in crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 minutes; rotate. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 294 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC